Saturday, December 09, 2006

It has been some time since I graced the world with my presence. I will explain my absenteeism later. In the meantime, allow me to present some images documenting today's activities.

A Brunswick mosque was threatened today by a bikini-wearing fascist attack, organised to "celebrate" the anniversary of the racist beach rioting that took place last year in Sydney. As it is the duty of every correct-minded person to facilitate the acquaintance of fascist faces with the pavement, we turned up to defend the centre and scare off the fash.

We contributed decorations,


Placard by me and rantolotl

and were greeted by a traditional Australian Muslim BBQ.


Halal sausages. Suck it up, Brigitte Bardot


And while fascists were spotted, they ventured nowhere near the mosque. A satisfying experience was partaken of by all, despite the heat and smoke from this weekend's bush fires.


Sky rendered white by bushfire smoke

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home