Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Oh now this really is too good to be true...

Many people have rather heatedly called pro-censorship people "nazis" in jest before, but now it seems it would no longer be hyperbolic to do so.

Jack Thompson and his game censorship bully boys in a bloc with the Larouchites? Its only to be expected really, book-burning being a time-honoured passtime of fascists and proto-fascists. I've never met a Larouchite that I have liked, but then all of the ones I've met have been very much alive.

And if I may repurpose a famous anti-Nazi poem from 1945...

First they came for the game developers , and I did not speak out because I was not a game developer.
Then they came for the [insert creator]s, and I did not speak out because I was not a [insert creator]
....
...
And then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.



Perhaps later tonight I will recount my experiences with the Larouchites on this blog. Friends, feel free to share yours.

OK now I revisit this post to remind the world of how the Australian-based Larouchites, the Citizen's Electoral Council, made up stories and got our friend convicted of assault in revenge for him (rightly) campaigning to remove them from La Trobe University campus while he was student president there. I watched it in court. Lying fascists in suits versus young student unionist - who are the courts going to believe?

These fascists may be looney fascists ("Let's build a giant bridge across Australia! Whee!") but they're excellent recruiters and quite dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home