Monday, July 09, 2007

Do you remember, Terry, when I suggested we pull out some of the mint/weed from the middle of garden because it was getting so big, and you said no leave it because it's a good conversation starter at parties? I laughed at you.

Now I realise the value of that weed, and those hypothetical weedy conversations. Weeds please, not an insistent "where am I from", because I am not where I am from - if I had been, wouldn't I still be there?

"Where are you from?"
Nowhere.
"What do you do?"
Leave places.

All other points that might catch the eye are masked by this insidious where-ness. I'll have to plant some weeds here soon, in anticipation of a time when I tire of the novelty of being just another ordinary foreigner.


Curry flavoured chocolate at Monoprix. Some cultures were never meant to integrate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home