Monday, July 30, 2007


Why indeed. A very salient question.

I have almost recovered from the Glasgow ordeal last week. Needless to say, I was not only hopeless but spectacularly so. My profoundest apologies to Marcus and Brendan.

I burst into tears at the beginning of the interview when Marcus posed a question about EFW and then in a trembling state (I hadn't eaten anything that day because those bloody Scottish ATMs wouldn't accept my bank card, so that may have contributed), with mascara streaming down my tear-stained face, I launched into a bitter, inarticulate rant in which found myself systematically slagging off conceptual art, people over the age of 40, Australian arts funding policy, the film industry, contemporary art curators, etc etc.

So that should well endear me to ABC arts program viewers. It is just as well the country is rid of me.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:54 pm, Anonymous always_black said...

You never know, maybe it showed an admirable passion.

You know what art people are like.

 
At 12:50 am, Blogger Ben.H said...

Or at least a Tracey Emin style trainwreck. I hope they have internet streaming of this interview for everyone to enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home