Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I lost my phone a few days ago and now I've lost my shoes, and I am quite at my wits end, having not budgeted for this new shoeless, phoneless state of affairs.

At the end of the day I noticed that I wasn't wearing any shoes. They were quite simply nowhere to be seen, and I realised that I had to go home barefoot from work - which I don't really mind too much except that I have to walk around barefoot for the rest of the week until I get back to my flat in Paris.

My colleagues think my shoes got lost when I went to call the phone company about my lost phone, which is somewhat ironic. My boss told me that he will add it to his repertoire of company legends, alongside the story of the time where someone was two and a half hours late for their job interview (that was me too, as you know). I think he also made some comment about me being "distraite" but to be honest I wasn't paying much attention as I was too worried about where my shoes might have been.

Thank you very much to my colleague Yann, who lent me his ridiculous plastic massage slippers for the evening:



One can hear me dragging rubber from a mile away. (No, not burning, dragging)

* I have budgeted for one frozen dinner, a tin of fish and a packet of mache per day

1 Comments:

At 11:45 pm, Blogger Fi Fi Abroad said...

who are you shagging at work...????....you naughty girl....

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home