Wednesday, September 12, 2007

This lunchtime I had another argument with the guy at the "kebab" place today near work over the contents of my kebab.

This time I made sure to specify "pas de conneries francaises, s'il vous plait". I still had to spend a few minutes over being allowed to choose harissa ("mais ca pique, vous savez? Ca pique! Non non non non, vraiment Madame vous devrez prendre la mayonnaise!!") intead of mayonnaise ("Mais je ne suis pas Francaise. Je ne suis pas Francaise! Pourquoi je prendrais la mayonnaise?!") with not only the guy at the counter but one of my work colleagues and a shop full of people watching.

And after all that I still ended up with this weird looking panini containing minced beef and emmental (swiss) cheese. I just want a normal doner kebab or felafel or something - is that too much to ask from the descendents of middle eastern immigrants? Why can't these northern fucking French people be normal?!!!

2 Comments:

At 1:07 am, Blogger The Rantolotl said...

Kath, you need to check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SGwDhKTrwU

 
At 1:26 am, Blogger Ben.H said...

From now on, I'm going to try shouting "I'm not English!" every time someone over here tries to put baked beans on everything, sell me a stale sandwich, or displays similarly chili-phobic behaviour. Even though, legally speaking, it's not true.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home