Monday, November 26, 2007

I am starting a business in France and I require a name for it.

If people will recall, I was illegally overstaying my visa in France, and recently had to be driven across the English channel very early one morning, under the cover of darkness*.

This is the second time I have tried to settle in France unsuccessfully. I would like to find a permanent solution before my life becomes an ordeal of a Sisyphean nature.

Now, before another well-intentioned person asks me why I don't just "get a company to sponsor me" for a French work permit (as if it were quite straightforward and I must have filled out a form wrong or something), let me just first say, shove it up your arse. And secondly, whatever it is you were going to suggest is something so witlessly obvious that I've already thought of it, and it won't work.

The only other way** to become a legitimate and long-term member of French society is to find a wad of cash and become some sort of capitalist tycoon.

I don't like this idea much, but it seems I have no choice in the matter. I have a business plan of sorts, and I need to find a name for this business by the end of the week. The Game Developers' Liberation Organisation, my registered name in Australia, is probably not appropriate for this purpose, so please help me think of a name. Please.




*or perhaps rather, under the cover of it's too early in the morning to harass illegal overstayers-ness.
** will any of you, my French male friends, marry me? No, well I didn't think so. Will anyone adopt me as their child and promise to support me as a student in France? No, I didn't think so.

2 Comments:

At 12:20 am, Blogger The Rantolotl said...

Dicebox! Dicebox!

 
At 10:18 pm, Blogger ned said...

I like the retro feel of "Mouvement de Libération de la Femme Dévelopeuse de Jeux Vidéo".
Or Patchanka. Or something very french, like Frigoulette. Or Rapt.

What is this company doing again ?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home