Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I've been meaning to make myself a new set of business cards for a while now, and I've only recently realised that the cheapest solution is to make them online (duh!).

I'm using this London-based company called moo. It's pretty cheap, they have some interesting shaped cards, and they let you put a variety of different designs on the top side of each card within a single set.

So that's what I did - I made some business cards and here they are.



So businessy business cards all done. But then I went back to the site and thought: what the hell, I'll make some more cards because it really is very cheap.

But I had to think about what I wanted to communicate with this new set of cards. The first set clearly says "hello look at me, I'm a wanker", but what else would I want to say to people when I first meet them?

I concluded that what I want to communicate really depends on who I'm giving the card to, and why. Every new meeting is different. So what I really need is a set of context-sensitive cards; a cards bearing a variety of different designs customised for the various kinds of people and situations I routinely come across in everyday life.

So here are a few of my designs, prefaced with what I want to say with each card:



1)
I don't hand out my contact details to just any old numb-nut, you know.



2)
I may be giving you my contact details because think you're a nice bit of totty. Or I might find you interesting to talk to. Or maybe I think you're a good business contact. But you'll never really be sure, and that's the way I like it.



3)
You want my number? Sure. But if you don't call me by the end of the week don't bother calling at all.



4)
I'm a wanker. No actually, take a closer look. *You're* a wanker.




And finally,

5)
Oops. Sorry about that.

5 Comments:

At 1:44 am, Blogger Ben.H said...

Slick looking cards. Shit, I just remembered my cards have been waiting for me to collect for the past month!

 
At 2:47 am, Blogger Ezequiel said...

i so want to steal that 'graphic designers are cunt' idea.
thanks for reminding me why i read constantly your blog, even if i don't - and probably never will - know you in person.

 
At 3:31 am, Anonymous Sandra said...

hehe i want one of each please

 
At 3:38 am, Blogger The Rantolotl said...

Rather good!

The oops one is excellent. I may require many.

 
At 4:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"kipper delivers the easiest LOL on the internets"

I'll take a bulk order of card 5 please.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home