Friday, July 18, 2008

I've done a bunch of embarrassing things over the last few days.

Here is a summary of the week's events:

1)
I was staying on the Cote d'Azur (that's the French Riviera to you heathens) with a friend of a friend. In conjunction with my friend, who like me, erroneously thinks he's all that when it comes to things technical, I offered to put WEP encryption on our host's home wifi network. Piece of cake, we said. No worries. Until we broke the modem.

Moment Of Embarrassment.

So we said look, we broke your modem so the least we can do is go down the road and buy you a new one. So we went down the road and bought something that wasn't a modem and plugged it in, and of course it didn't work.

Moment Of Embarrassment.

2)
After coming back to Paris I found myself mostly naked in bed with an also somewhat naked male friend and we had a nice 3-hour long chat about the weather as if being in bed naked together was the most normal thing in the world.

Moment Of Embarrassment.

3)
I played at a music festival with a friend and we were totally disorganised and hadn't really worked out what we were going to do beforehand. Today I find that there is a video of us up of YouTube zoomed right in on us and recording us saying stuff like "is this thing working? I can't hear it. Maybe the whatsit isn't plugged in. Really? I thought it was" etc.

Moment of Embarrassment.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, somehow I was under the impression that kind of thing happened to you all the time.

 
At 2:10 pm, Blogger Kipper said...

Only a certain insufferably award-winning NZ composer would dare say such a thing to me.

Am I right?

 
At 10:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of man has you naked in bed and does nothing? I'm very suspicious... Did he offer a suitable excuse, such as 'I've just had my arms amputated and the wounds hurt'?

 
At 2:28 am, Blogger The Rantolotl said...

rofl - what's the youtube link, anyhow?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home