Thursday, November 13, 2008



As I alluded to previously, I am now a regular at Cafe Cargo in Hoi An. Anyone who wants to head down to Nguyen Thai Hoc street down near the river is most welcome to join me for breakfast. I'm generally seated outside, so I can steal the wifi from the (inferior) cafe across the road.

The downside of sitting on the terrace is that it exposes me to harrassment from the local hawkers. Small boys try to sell me clay bird whistles. Women in pointy hats try to sell me mandarins and guavas. I think I already mentioned that man with no legs who shuffles over with a copy of the Viet Nam News.

There's also this dog that comes sniffing around, dressed like Audrey Hepburn. I took a photo of it:



On the footpath people play the game pictured at the top of this post. Can anyone identify what the game is?



Note: Yesterday I was contacted by my correspondant to tell me that the problem of the silent flatmate has resolved itself. The flatmate has for some reason decided to
start speaking again, just like that.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 am, Anonymous Conor said...

I believe that's Chinese Chess, or Xiangqi. Now that wikipedia has taught you how to play you should challenge the locals to a duel.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home