Saturday, November 29, 2008

I am on an island in the south of Thailand called Koh Pipe. The internet is expensive. The food is expensive. The fish are colourful. And tasty.

Being on a deserted(ish) tropical island I thought it appropriate that I get out my DS and play Lost in Blue 2 (Lost in Blue was set on an island just like this). But I gave up when I got stuck near the start.

This experience confirms my theory about game sequels. (I'll explain my theory when the internet is cheaper.)

So mostly I'm just working. I wish there were some kind of desk in my bamboo hut.

We're all kind of wondering if civil war will break out here. Apparently the government has fled Bangkok to the northern city of Chiang Mai. Most of the airports in Thailand have been blockaded by the PAD (the pro-Monarchist People's Alliance for Democracy) and people are having trouble getting out. Getting a bus or a train is nigh on impossible. Damn. Not sure if I want to be stuck on this island forever. That'd be too much like my experience getting stuck in Lost in Blue 2.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 am, Blogger The Rantolotl said...

The UDD are demonstrating in Bangkok now too... and blowing up various members of the PAD. Might want to avoid wearing red or yellow for awhile...

You're back on the 17th, yeah? Apparently flights are currently diverted to a naval base and Phuket?

 
At 4:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost in Blue is difficult and annoying, but it might give you some important insights to island survival if things don't calm down over there! Miss M

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home