Friday, March 05, 2010

Facebook | Manifesto of Video Art

The Australian Centre for Virtual Art released their ground-breaking, game-changing Manifesto for Virtual Art on Wednesday.

I suggest that everyone with an interest in the future of art study it closely.


On the very same day, and by complete coincidence, my friend Christian McCrea and I made a surprising discovery. At the bottom of a box in the dusty old attic of an aged relative we had the luck to unearth perhaps the only extant copy of a very historically important document: the "Manifesto of Video Art", written in 1982. And thanks to the wonders of modern technology we were able to scan and upload the manifesto and share it with the world that very evening.

I think you find, as we did, that the ideas it contains are still very relevant - even after all this time.

We encourage you to join our Facebook group in appreciation and discussion of this marvelous document:

Facebook | Manifesto of Video Art

1 Comments:

At 10:32 am, Anonymous Term Paper said...

Very good post. I have been searching for this post since many days. Now I have implemented the same for my site.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home